With the Covid-19 pandemic having a major impact on all our lives the SMR, as with all other scientific societies, has postponed its meetings planned for March, June and September. We are
now running “Advances in Genetic Madicine” as an online meeting on 3
December 2020 and the AGM will be announced to members as a separate online
meeting. Please keep an eye on the SMR website for more details of other
For 2021 we now have a full programme of meetings - in brief our programme
is looking like:
- April/May “AI and Drug Discovery – has it delivered?”
- 26/27 April 2021 co-promotion of the EBI “From target to patients”
- May/June “Novel clinical trial designs (including adaptive trial designs)” - postponed from March 2020
- June 2021 “Current Trends in Drug Discovery - Early Career Scientist meeting” - postponed from 2020
- September 2021 “Bioelectronics” meeting a reprise of the highly successful meeting held in 2019
- December 2021 “SMR Award meeting and AGM.
Please do keep an eye on the SMR website for further details of these meetings and to email alerts as registrations are opened.
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the committee to thank you for your interest in and support of, the SMR in its work in presenting high quality, low cost meetings on the latest advances in drug discovery and development.
Finally, and most importantly I wish you and your families well over the next few months as we move through these difficult times.
Chair SMR on behalf of the SMR committee
View upcoming meetings showcasing advances in drug discovery and development.
Join us and enjoy low cost meeting registraton fees and keep updated on drug discovery and development
Information for young scientists including bursaries
The Society for Medicines Research is a multi-disciplinary society for
all those engaged in drug research. Each year we run 4 low-cost
symposium with topics covering the latest advances in drug discovery and