As for other scientific societies, the SMR has now moved its activities online through to at least June 2021.
We are now running Advances in Genetic Medicine as an online meeting on Thursday 3rd December 2020 and the
AGM (only for SMR members) 4th December also online - see the banner headers for registration.
For 2021 we have an extended programme of meetings:
- Thursday 4th March 2021: AI and Drug Discovery – has it delivered? (Online meeting)
- Thursday 6th May 2021: Innovative early Clinical Trial Designs and Development Strategies (Online, 4 speakers)
- 9th/10th June 2021: Current Trends in Drug Discovery (Early Career Scientist meeting - joint with BPS)
(Online meeting - two half days)
- September 2021 (date TBC): Advances in Bioelectronics - a reprise of the successful meeting held in 2019
- 29th/30th September 2021: Target to Patient (joint meeting with European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI)).
(Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge UK)
- December 2021 (date TBC): SMR Award meeting and AGM
Please do keep an eye on the SMR website for further details of these and other potential meetings and to
email alerts as registrations are opened.
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the committee to thank you for your interest in and
support of, the SMR in its work in presenting high quality, low cost meetings on the latest advances in drug
discovery and development.
Finally, and most importantly I wish you and your families well over the next few months as we move
through the winter months.
Chair SMR on behalf of the SMR committee
View upcoming meetings showcasing advances in drug discovery and development.
Join us and enjoy low cost meeting registraton fees and keep updated on drug discovery and development
Information for young scientists including bursaries
The Society for Medicines Research is a multi-disciplinary society for
all those engaged in drug research. Each year we run 4 low-cost
symposium with topics covering the latest advances in drug discovery and